MYERS EQUIPMENT MONTHLY
The latest from Myers Equipment and Thomas Built Buses
MINOTOUR: THE MIGHTIEST MINIBUS ON THE MARKET
We talk quite a bit about our Saf-T-Liner C2, but a bus that you may not know as much about is our Type A unit, the Minotour. If you are looking for unprecedented strength and safety in a minibus, look no further.
The Minotour is available with either a Ford gas engine or a GM gas engine. With either engine that you choose, you get the same premium body strength. Our Minotour is designed to be as strong as a full-size school bus. Its safety cage body construction utilizes one piece skirt-to-skirt roof bows and two internal crash rails. What does that mean in terms of actual strength? It means that we can put a Type D Saf-T-Liner EFX on the roof of one of our Minotours without any structural damage whatsoever. In fact, the windows and doors still opened smoothly! Check out the picture below to see that test in action.
Just because it is built to be as strong as possible doesn’t mean that it can’t also be comfortable to drive. Its 73” headroom means that your driver will have room to move around. We have also conveniently placed the instrument panel overhead, so that the driver’s vision is not obstructed in any way when looking through the entrance door or the extra 306” Saf-T-Vue glass left of the entrance. Combine all of that with our thermal poly fiber insulation and you have a minibus that is both safe and fun to drive.
- For those of you who are in the market for a white 9 passenger unit, we recently became a TCI Mobility dealer. TCI vans utilize a Ford Transit chassis, and can be ordered with a bus-style manual passenger door along with a sliding passenger door for maximum ease of use and safety. We are excited about how roomy they are and how robustly they are built. If you want to take a look for yourself, please give me a call to schedule a demonstration.
- Our parts department just announced the June sale. Included in this month’s deals are seat foam, school transportation signs, and driver seat cushions. If you’re going to be replacing these things for upcoming inspections, now might be a good time to take advantage of these discounts.
- The end of the school year means that it is time to catch up on any outstanding service issues. However, this time of year is also our busiest time, as well. Please give us a call as far in advance as you can to secure a date and time that works for you.
- Thomas Built Buses recently started a Service and Repair series on Youtube. So far, they have covered Air Disc Brake Pad Replacement, Warning Light Replacement, Interior Dome Light Replacement, and DEF Fluid testing. They are short, sweet, and easy to follow. While these topics may be a review for most, it never hurts to see best practices in action.
- We are looking for people who would like to take a Thomas factory tour. Transportation, food, and lodging would be covered for those interested.
Posted in: General, Myers Equipment Monthly